How much time is enough to stay current with publishing trends, subject matter experts, pundits, and events? Needing to be selective, I follow these folks:
- Mark Dawson/The Self Publishing Formula and Self Publishing Show podcast: Lawyer turned best-seller author/publisher, Mark and his partner James Blatch produce a best-in-class podcast worth a weekly hour.
- The Creative Penn: Joanna Penn is, fair to say, the doyenne of self-publishing with no end of news and information to share in her books and podcast.
- The Book Designer: now part of the SelfPublishing.com platform, Joel Friedlander has been doing book design and publishing a long time and has a warehouse of resources to help you out with your self-publishing life.
- The Independent Book Publishers Association: professional association for self-publishers and small presses. A great community for engaging with publishing peers.
- Jane Friedman: author, speaker, teacher, Jane has long reported on the publishing industry and is a quality read/listen.
- Digital Book World: the gathering of the wide world of publishing. A major event, re-booting in 2022.